Blackboard Mobile provides students and instructors access to their Blackboard course areas through their mobile devices. Although you can not completely replace your laptop or desktop with your iPad or iPhone to complete an online course, you can now be mobile and access course content in a more mobile-friendly environment.
|Primary Capabilities and Features|
- Participate in discussion boards, blogs, and journals.
- View grades
- Read announcement postings
- Access content uploaded by your instructor (as long as it is in a format supported by your device).
|Limitations for both Instructors and Students|
- adding new content to a course
- building tests, quizzes, and surveys
- submitting tests, quizzes, and surveys
- submitting assignments
- grading assignments
- adjusting Grade Center options
- participating in chat or synchronous sessions via Blackboard Collaborate (unless the Mobile Collaborate app is installed)
- viewing any Flash-based instructional content or movies
|Getting Started with Blackboard Mobile Learn|
Download the application through your app store and install on your device.
- Google Play for Android Devices
- BlackBerry App World
- iTunes App Store for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
After you install the app, launch the app on your device and search for "Southside Virginia Community College". You will then be presented with a log-in screen
where you will need to enter your college MySVCC/Blackboard user name and password. Once you are logged in, you will be able to access any Blackboard course areas that are available to you.
|Demos, Feature Overviews, and other Resources|