- Call the Student Help line at 1-877-875-8359 or click on the Student Chat found under HELP in the Canvas course site
- Search the Canvas Student Guides for pictorial explanations of how to do any function in Canvas. Guides are accessed by going to HELP in any Canvas course, then choosing "Search the Canvas Guides" and choosing "Student" from the list of guides offered.
- Visit the Learning Commons, where most tutors are familiar with Canvas and can help you.
- Call 1-434-949-1097 from 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday
- Email email@example.com
Basic student help with Canvas can also be found in the Southside Resources course https://learn.vccs.edu/courses/162649
Faculty Help with Canvas
Faculty needing assistance with the new LMS also have several help options:
- Call the Faculty Help line at 1-877-875-8425 or click on the Faculty Chat found under HELP in the Canvas course site.
- Search the Canvas Guides for pictorial explanations of how to perform any function in Canvas. Guides are accessed by going to HELP in any Canvas course, then choosing "Search the Canvas Guides" and choosing "Faculty." Instructors may also use the "Studio" guides for help with Canvas Studio (formerly Arc).
- Visit https://edtech.vccs.edu and click on Webinar Recordings to view recordings of live Canvas webinar trainings. Trainings are listed by topic, and start with introductory sessions.
- Visit the Instructure Training Center by clicking on "Help" in your Canvas menu, and choosing "Training Services Portal". You will need to use your Southside email account as the user ID, and create your own password to log in.
- Call the Coordinator for Education Technologies at 1-434-949-1097 before 4 pm Monday through Friday.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org