The Committee is charged with reviewing curriculum policies and procedures and approving proposed modifications, deletions, and additions to the College’s credit courses and programs. Curriculum structure, content, pedagogy, and instructional materials fall within the purview of this Committee, ensuring faculty responsibility for the curriculum and its delivery. The Committee reviews all proposals submitted by the academic divisions and ensures that they are consistent with VCCS and SCHEV guidelines and standards for new programs and courses. As mandated by the VCCS Policy Manual, new programs and new courses are forwarded by the College’s Vice-President for Academic and Student Affairs to the VCCS and the SCHEV for approval, as well as to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, if required.
The committee will be composed of faculty and administrators representing the entire college, paying special consideration to representation from a variety of campuses and centers. Membership representation will be as follows:
- 3 faculty members from the Division of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Business
- 3 faculty members from the Division of Career and Occupational Technology
- 3 faculty members from the Division of Nursing, Allied Health, and Natural Sciences
- Dean of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Business
- Dean of Career and Occupational Technology
- Dean of Nursing, Allied Health, and Natural Sciences
- 1 Counselor from Student Services (Ex-Officio**)
- Dean of Enrollment Management (Ex-Officio)
- Director of Financial Aid (Ex-Officio)
- Dean of Institutional Effectiveness (Ex-Officio)
- Vice-President for Academic and Student Affairs (Ex-Officio)
**Note that Ex-Officio members are non-voting members and serve in an advisory capacity to the committee.
In order to have a valid committee vote, at least two-thirds of voting members must be present.