MySVCC Help Desk
Have your Student ID# with your SVCC username ready when using any phone number or link listed below.
- Daytime Phone Support - Weekdays from 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Main Help Desk Phone - (434) 736-2059 or (434) 949 -1000: press 4, 2
- Submit an Online Help Request for MySVCC Help and/or Blackboard Support
Before calling or contacting the Help Desk, note that:
- Your student email account will be activated after you process a password reset on your MySVCC account.
- If your SIS (Student Information System) account does not show the proper balance due, you need to change your user preferences.
- Go to SIS,
- then your Student Center,
- Click on User Preferences,
- change the institution to "Southside Va Community College".
- Click Save and return to your Student Center. Your amount due should show your SVCC charges.
- For more information, see our SIS How to page or our FAQ page.
- For Online Application Issues: If you are receiving a conflicting error message, you may have duplicate records within our SIS, or you may have a previous ID in our system. Change your answer for 'previously attended a VCCS' to "Yes".
- For questions regarding your financial aid or student accounts (paying for classes, tuition charges, refunds), visit our 24/7 Financial Aid and Student Support Center or call us at 855-877-3943.
Important information about Blackboard access:
- Your Blackboard course will be activated the following business day after the day you register for classes.
- If you are a new student, your Blackboard login will take at least 24 hours to become active.
- You can use your iPad, tablet, smartphone or any computer with Internet access to login to Blackboard.
- Do not use any third party Bb apps. They do not work.
- Use only Chrome or Firefox browsers. IE and Safari do not work well with Blackboard.
For After Hours Help Desk Support for MySVCC & Blackboard issues:
- Contact Southside MySVCC Support with this link, SVCC Support
After Hours Help Desk (Online Students Only) :
After Hours (Monday - Friday between 4:00 pm and 9:00 AM) and Weekend support from NOVA's Help Desk is available for all SVCC Distance Learning students.
- Use the ELI (Extended Learning Institute) Hotline and Live Chat. They help with Passwords, Blackboard Availability Problems, and Email Assistance (Student Gmail Accounts).
- Call Toll Free: 855-259-1019 or call 703-426-4141.
- or chat using this link, Help Desk After Hours Live Chat
For assistance, please submit an online Help Request and a staff member will contact you. (Help request instructions are posted below.)
Help Request Instructions
- Click the Help Request link. You will be taken to the submission page of:
- Click the drop down box for Quick Pick and select your problem, if found.
- Fill out the page and provide us with as much detail as possible. Be sure to include a valid phone number or email address.
- Click the "Submit Issue" button.
- You will receive Issue #___ was successfully submitted! Please close this window.
- You will be contacted by a representative from the college.