Southside Virginia Community College is hosting “Career Day 2015” where potential job seekers can meet local employers on Wednesday, April 1st in the Workforce Development Center located on the John H. Daniel Campus in Keysville, VA.
The event is open to all job seekers from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
SVCC is also hosting workshops, leading up to the event, that are free to the public and will be in the Learning Resources Center Library at 3:00PM on the following dates:
March 17th, Resume Part 1- Transition Team
March 18th, Interviewing with Style- Student Services
March 19th, Job Hunting and Collaboration- WIOA
March 24th, Resume Part 2- Transition Team
March 25th, What employers want??- Private Industry
March 26th, Dress for Success- Student Services
SVCC is offering a special incentive to students and community members that attend two or more workshops (with an approved resume) will get an exclusive invite to lunch, and the first thirty minutes with the employers the day of the job fair.
All requests for information about “Career Day 2015” should be directed to Matt Dunn, firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-736-2020.
Employers from the following companies will be in attendance and looking to hire!
- Wayland Nursing and Rehab
- Dollar General Distributor
- American Buildings Company
- Piedmont Geriatric Hospital
- Nottoway Correctional
- Americare Plus
- Team Nurse
- Ameristaff Inc.
- Home Recovery HomeAid Inc
- South Boston Police Department
- Chase City Rehab
- Virginia Employment Commission
- VCU Community Memorial Hospital
- Food Lion
- Home Health Inc.
- Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital
- Trinity Mission
- Chesterfield County Police Department
- DOC-Lunenburg Correctional Center
- America Industrial
- Helton House
- Heritage Hall Blackstone
- Siteline Cabinetry
- Army National Guard
- Woodmen of the World
- Serve Pro
- Buckingham Correctional Center
- VCE Central District
- Old Dominion Health Services