The Student Ambassador program is a selective program of emerging student leaders who embody the spirit of SVCC. Student Ambassadors promote the college through recruitment and outreach, support of on-campus events and initiatives, and represent the student body on college committees. Ambassadors also participate in personal and professional development opportunities.
2019-2020 Reference Forms Please print and have 2 references complete form. Submit reference forms to a Student Ambassador Advisor’s office or scan and email.
What duties are performed by the SVCC Student Ambassadors?
- Promote SVCC within the community.
- Represent the SVCC student community at college-sponsored events.
- Serve as a student representative on college committees.
- Assist new students in getting acclimated to the college.
- Assist with New Student Orientation.
- Help organize at least two Student Ambassador events per year.
- Represent Ambassadors during the Student Activities Club Day.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Other events/tasks as assigned by Ambassador Advisory Team.
What are the requirements to become an Ambassador?
- Be at least a part-time student.
- SVCC or high school G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher.
- Two (2) references
- At least one reference from a SVCC staff or faculty member (none from family members.)
- Sign “Student Ambassador Agreement” which will outline expectations of responsibilities.
- Attend annual Student Ambassador Orientation & Student Ambassador Retreat.
- Have completed SDV 100 or be currently enrolled.
What are the benefits of being an Ambassador?
- Meet new and interesting students, faculty, staff, and friends!
- Develop your communication and leadership skills.
- Build your network!
- Graduation Recognition.
- Student Ambassador Apparel
- Looks great on your resume!
Student Ambassador Advisors by Location
Office: LRC Building, Receptionist Desk
Phone Number: 434-736-2023
Southside Virginia Education Center