Southside Virginia Community College is now using a print management system for printing to college printers. You will now need to utilize your student id cards for printing on printers in the following locations.
- Christanna Campus Comprehensive Learning Center (B10)
- Christanna Campus Library
- Daniel Campus Comprehensive Learning Center (Lab 52)
- Daniel Campus Library
- South Hill Center Cyber Cafe
- Chase City Center Open Lab
- Emporia Center Resource Lab (Lab 101)
At the beginning of each semester, each student will have $7.50 (which equals 75 pages of printing) loaded onto their existing Student ID Card. Any who do not have cards, will automatically have this amount loaded on to the card once it the card is printed. The cost for printing is .10 cents per page, and once you have used the $7.50 given to you from the college, you will need to create an eAccount and put money on the card.
Steps to Create an eAccount with Card Services
(You only have to register once.)
- Go to the Card Services eAccount website and click on Register.
- Complete the Sign In Information. It is best to use your MySVCC login name for the user name.
- Once your information is entered, click Continue.
- You will then see a "User Registration Verification" page with your information. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address noted on this screen. Go to the email account, click on the link in the confirmation email, and type in your email address.
- Click Activate.
- Click on Return Home to return to the home screen.
- On the home screen, sign into the account you just registered.
- After you sign in, it will ask you to register your Customer Number and your Last Name. Your Customer number is your Student ID number located on your Student ID card. Click Register. (Make sure that you keep track of your user name and password for this account.)
You have completed the process to create your account and link this account to your student ID card!!!
Steps to Add Money to your Student ID Card
(If you forget your password, there is a link to "Recover your password" at the card services website that is linked below. If you followed the steps above when registering and creating your account, then your user name should be your MySVCC log-in user name.)
- Go to the Card Services eAccount website and log-in. (If you have not created an account and linked that account to your student ID card, that must be complete first. The steps to do this can be found above.)
- Click on Accounts at the top left. Then click on +Add Money under Printing Fund.
- At the "Make Account Deposit" page, leave Printing Fund as the first option, and then read the description for Deposit Type and Deposit Amount and choose what you would like to do for those options. When you are finished click Next.
- Enter in the Credit Card information. Then check the box to agree to Terms and Conditions and click Submit.
- Review the "Deposit Confirmation page". After confirming your information, click "Make Deposit".
- A "Receipt for Account Deposit" page will display. You can select the "Save Payment Method" and send the receipt to your email. After filling in the boxes, click "Send Receipt", and it will take you back to your Home Page where you will see the money has been deposited into your account.
- Once you are finished adding monies to you account, click "Sign Off" in the top right corner.
If you have any questions concerning this new system, please contact our college IT HelpDesk at the numbers noted below.
IT HelpDesk Alberta
IT HelpDesk Keysville
Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.