Staying Healthy While in Nursing School - Keep your eyes open on campus for specific suggestions in each category below!
1. Schedule time for yourself
2. Take periodic "brain breaks"
4. Feed your body, feed your brain - healthy foods!
5. Focus on the positive
6. Stay connected with important people in your life
Helpful Links for Nursing Students
- Paying for Nursing School
- Test Taking Techniques for Nursing Students
- Student Nurse Journey
- Read the articles nurses are reading! Some resources here are free, some are for a fee.
- ANA Student Nurse Site
- NSNA, National Student Nurse Association
- NFLPN, National Foundation of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Nurse.com Blog
- Insider’s Guide to the First Year in Nursing
- RN to BSN Online - A comprehensive directory of RN to BSN programs online
Additional Resources and Information
- MySVCC and Blackboard Support
- Nursing Journal Links: Learning Resource Library
- Automatic Bibliography and Citation Maker: EasyBIb
- APA Format Link - OWL at Purdue: APA (American Psychological Association) is most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. This resource, revised according to the 5th edition of the APA manual, offers examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference page. http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/