Certificate in Practical Nursing (LPN)
We will begin accepting applications in Summer 2020 for our next Practical Nursing Programs in Alberta and South Boston.
The Certificate in Practical Nursing is designed to prepare beginning practitioners with the knowledge and skills to care for clients of all age groups. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX‐PN).
Utilizing the nursing process, graduates will:
- Assist in assessing the client's physical and mental health.
- Participate in planning and implementing the health care plan.
- Record and report the nursing care rendered and the client's response to care.
- Communicate effectively with clients, their families, and other members of the health care team.
- Recognize legal and self‐limitations in the provision of care.
- Serve as contributing members in the community.
- Develop professionally to their fullest potential by taking advantage of available educational opportunities.
Applicants must attend one session before applying to the Practical Nursing Program.
Nursing Information Session Spring 2020 Schedule
Sessions will continue monthly until application deadline. More dates coming soon!
No registration required. Show up and sign in!
Christanna Campus, Alberta, VA
Thursday, February 6, 2020 - 12:30pm - 2:00pm - Room B-45
March date coming soon!
John H. Daniel Campus, Keysville, VA
Friday, February 7, 2020 - 1:30pm - 3:00pm - Room 229, Library
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 12:30pm - 2:00pm - Room 229, Library
Southern VA Higher Education Center, South Boston, VA
Friday, February 7, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:30am - Tiered Classroom, Innovation Center
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 12:00n - 1:30pm - Tiered Classroom, Innovation Center
- Nursing Programs Flow Chart Link
- Forms - Practical Nursing Application, Re-entry application, Medical/Physical Exam form
- Practical Nursing Certificate Gainful Employment Information
- Duties of a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Employment possibilities
- Functional Abilities Necessary for Nurses
- Length of Practical Nursing Program
- Locations of Practical Nursing Programs and Clinical Sites
- PN Admission Sequence
- PN Admission Requirements
- PN Readmission Requirements
- General Education Requirements
- Practical Nursing Curriculum
- Pre-Entrance Testing for Practical Nursing
- General information and Practical Nursing program-specific policies
- Clinical Experience
- Costs of the Practical Nursing Program and Financial Aid
- FAQs on Practical Nursing
- Contact Us