Certificate in Practical Nursing (LPN)
Applications to the Fall 2019 Practical Nursing Programs in Alberta and South Boston are closed.
The Certificate in Practical Nursing is designed to prepare beginning practitioners with the knowledge and skills to care for clients of all age groups. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX‐PN).
Utilizing the nursing process, graduates will:
- Assist in assessing the client's physical and mental health.
- Participate in planning and implementing the health care plan.
- Record and report the nursing care rendered and the client's response to care.
- Communicate effectively with clients, their families, and other members of the health care team.
- Recognize legal and self‐limitations in the provision of care.
- Serve as contributing members in the community.
- Develop professionally to their fullest potential by taking advantage of available educational opportunities.
Applicants must attend one session before applying to the Practical Nursing Program.
Nursing Information Session Fall 2019 Schedule
Sessions will continue monthly throughout fall semester. More dates coming soon!
No registration required. Show up and sign in!
Christanna Campus, Alberta, VA
Monday, September 23, 2019 - 4:30pm - 5:30pm - Room B-45
Monday, October 14, 2019 - 12:00N - 1:30pm - Room B-47
DATE CHANGE! >> Friday, November 15, 2019 - 1:30pm - 3:00pm - Room B-45
December dates coming soon!
John H. Daniel Campus, Keysville, VA
Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 3:30pm - 5:00pm - Library Computer Lab, Rm 229
Friday, October 25, 2019 - 9:00am - 11:30am - Library Computer Lab, Rm 229
DATE CHANGE! >> Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 1:30pm - 3:00pm - Library Computer Lab, Rm 229
December dates coming soon!
Southern VA Higher Education Center, South Boston, VA
Dates being adjusted! Please check back soon!
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 12:00n - 1:30pm, Room TBA
October - December dates coming soon!
Please check back here for more Fall 2019 dates!
- Nursing Programs Flow Chart Link
- Forms - Practical Nursing Application, Re-entry application, Medical/Physical Exam form
- Practical Nursing Certificate Gainful Employment Information
- Duties of a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Employment possibilities
- Functional Abilities Necessary for Nurses
- Length of Practical Nursing Program
- Locations of Practical Nursing Programs and Clinical Sites
- PN Admission Sequence
- PN Admission Requirements
- PN Readmission Requirements
- General Education Requirements
- Practical Nursing Curriculum
- Pre-Entrance Testing for Practical Nursing
- General information and Practical Nursing program-specific policies
- Clinical Experience
- Costs of the Practical Nursing Program and Financial Aid
- FAQs on Practical Nursing
- Contact Us