Refer to the information below if you find yourself in need of either instructional or technical support. If you find that you are experiencing a problem in a course, it is your responsibility to seek out assistance quickly.
MySVCC Help Desk
Contact the MySVCC Help Desk for assistance with the following problems.
- MySVCC user name and password problems - Your MySVCC log-in gives you access to the Student Information System, Canvas, Gmail, etc.
- Questions or problems with Student Information System
Phone Support (available weekdays from 9 A.M. to 4 P.M.)
Main Help Desk Phone - (434) 736-2059
LMS (Canvas) and Student Email Support
Contact Canvas Support for any questions or concerns related to the Canvas Learning Management System. The toll free 24/7 hotline for students is 1-877-875-8359. You can also find a chat link to Canvas help in the Help menu in your Canvas courses. There are some examples noted below as to why you might use Canvas support, but it is not limited to just these issues.
- Can't access your course area once you are logged in to MySVCC.
- You are struggling with using tools in Canvas such as discussions, collaborations, inbox, calendar or quizzes.
- You are having problems with opening or viewing content in your Canvas courses.
- You are having trouble submitting assignments or quizzes, or viewing your grades.
Phone Support (available weekdays from 9:00 A.M. to 4 P.M.)
Phone Number - (434) 949-1097
Canvas Student Support (24/7): 1-877-875-8359
After Hours Help Desk
After Hours (Monday - Friday between 4:00 PM and 9:00 AM) and Weekend support from the NOVA (Northern Virginia Community College) Help Desk is available for Southside Virginia Community College distance learning students only via the ELI (Extended Learning Institute) Hotline and Live Chat. This support is available to assist with the following:
- Password Help
- Canvas Availability Problems
- Email Assistance (Student Gmail Accounts)
ELI Hotline: 703.323.3347
For all other MySVCC or Blackboard issues, please contact SVCC's MySVCC Help Desk and Blackboard Support information using the contact information at the top of this page.
IT Help Desk
Contact the IT Help Desk if you need assistance with connecting to the college Wi-Fi while on campus or if you are struggling with using a computer on campus or at one of our centers.
- Keysville Campus, Room 25, 434-736-2041 or email email@example.com
- Alberta Campus, Room C-17G, 434-949-1078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Help Request
You can submit an online help request as opposed to calling the support numbers noted above.
Help Request Instructions
- Click the Help Request link. You will be taken to the submission page of:
- Click the drop down box for Quick Pick and select your problem, if found.
- Fill out the page and provide us with as much detail as possible. Be sure to include a valid phone number or email address.
- Click the "Submit Issue" button.
- You will receive Issue #___ was successfully submitted! Please close this window.
- You will be contacted by a representative from the college.
Financial Aid and Student Accounts
For questions regarding your financial aid or student accounts (paying for classes, tuition charges, refunds), visit our Financial Aid website or call us at (434) 949-1094 (Alberta) or (434) 736-2090 (Keysville).
Contact the instructor for your course if you need clarification of course assignment instructions, assistance with understanding content, and when you have questions concerning your grades. Your instructor is there to support you in the learning process. Do not hesitate to reach out to them when you have questions and need help. If you are taking an online course and are struggling with understanding the organization of the course content or understanding the materials in the course, reach out to your instructor. They are there to help you.
The Learning Commons, located on both of our campuses in Alberta and Keysville, offer professional tutors and student assistants who have been trained to help you with your academic needs. They offer one-on-one and group tutoring, as well as walk-in assistance. They also offer online tutoring through Brainfuse Online Tutoring's Tutor Match if transportation is an issue.
The Learning Commons is a great place to do homework, with the benefit of having a professional tutor or a student assistant close by to help you. All you have to do is raise your hand! For more information on the learning center and to locate contact and location information, go to this information page linked here. Learning Center Information