Explore your options. Make an appointment with a Counselor.
SVCC Counselors will work with you on the following:
- Who Am I? Based on your individual interests, attitudes and values, you'll discover which career areas are your most compatible ones.
- Career Exploration - What is the world of work about? Learn more about your career possibilities through online and printed resources. A counselor can also advise you about a suitable program of study that can direct you toward your career of choice.
- Job Search Skills - How Do I Get There? You'll learn job-search strategies, how to prepare a resume, cover letters and job applications and how to interview and negotiate a salary.
- Watch For Networking Opportunities. Through campus organizations, contact with your advisor and other faculty, student trips, special events, work-study jobs and possible coordinated internships, you will be making contacts and gaining insights which will be important as you move toward your future career.
Resume & Job Posting
Southside Virginia Community College uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service. Students and Alumni, create your account profile at the College Central Network website.
- Search for all Full-time, Part-time, Internship opportunities easily and efficiently
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles
Your next step....
It's time to start looking.
- Prepare a Resume & Cover Letter
Virginia Workforce Connection
- Look for Available Jobs - NACElink®
Search for thousands of jobs nationwide, plus jobs and internships posted just for your school through your career center web site with NACElink®
- Search for Career Opportunities
- Virginia Workforce Connection
- VWC - South Central Virginia
- South Hill, Brunswick and Emporia Newspapers
- State of Virginia Jobs
- Richmond Times-Dispatch (Yahoo Hot Jobs)