Graduation 2018 on Saturday, May 12 at 9:30 a.m.
on the John H. Daniel Campus in Keysville, VA. [MAP]
The ceremony will be delayed if there is a threat of lightening or storms. Umbrellas will not be allowed.
The public is invited to attend, and tickets are not required.
[ Regalia | Graduation Etiquette | Campus Map ]
- Show up early.
- Stay for the whole ceremony.
- Show respect for fellow students being announced on stage and their families.
- Come comfortably dressed.
- Pay attention to the weather on the date of our ceremony.
- Provide location to family members prior to ceremony.
- Leave belongings with family and friends.
- Pay attention during commencement speech.
- Plan to have a meeting spot for family and friends after the ceremony
- Be Proud- this is a lifetime achievement!
- Be late.
- Leave after you have been announced on stage.
- Shout for other students as they walk across the stage.
- Forget your regalia.
- Forget to turn off your cell phone during the ceremony.
Southside Virginia Community College
Bookstore 2018 Graduation Information
Web site for ordering custom Graduation announcements: https://collegegrad.herffjones.com
Enter Southside in box to search
Click on Southside Virginia Community College
Click on Announcements in the green box at top of page
Make a selection to start your order process
Graduation regalia will be sold directly from the bookstores beginning April 9, 2018.
Prices as follows:
Cap/Gown/Tassel - $18.50 + tax
Hood - $19.85 + tax
Extra Tassel - $2.60 + tax
Cap only - $7.10 + tax
Diploma frames are available to purchase in the store or from our web store at www.southsidevccshop.com. Price: $94.95 + tax.
The Daniel Campus bookstore will be open the morning of Graduation from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm.
If you have any questions call the Christanna store at 434-949-1023 or the Daniel store at