Graduation on Saturday is rain or shine, but severe weather could delay the ceremony. Changes to the schedule will be announced through Southside Alert and on the webpage. To sign up text svccalert to 888777.
**Reminder, no umbrellas allowed at SVCC graduation. Please dress accordingly as rain is predicted.**
Southside Virginia Community College will hold Graduation 2019 on Saturday, May 11 at 9:30 a.m. on the John H. Daniel Campus in Keysville, VA. Graduation will be held outside behind the Learning Resources Center, rain or shine. The ceremony will be delayed if there is threat of lightning or storms. Umbrellas will not be allowed. Carpooling is strongly encouraged to minimize traffic backup and parking availability. There will be a drop-off point in front of the Learning Resource Center to accommodate anyone who may not be able to walk the distance from the parking area to the Graduation site. The public is invited to attend, and tickets are not required.
SVCC Graduation Schedule
TIME SCHEDULE: Students, faculty, administrators and dignitaries will assemble in assigned rooms between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. The processional will march at 9:30 a.m. sharp! The program will last approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
8:00 a.m. - Students assemble in rooms as follows:
- Associate of Arts & Science Degree WDC 127
- Associate of Applied Science Degree (Last Name A through J) Room 29
- Associate of Applied Science Degree (Last Name K through Q) Room 65
- Associate of Applied Science Degree (Last Name R through Z) Room 39
- Diplomas and Certificates Room 40
- Career Studies Certificates Room 53
- ODU WDC 127
8:30 a.m. - Faculty, administration and guests assemble in rooms as follows:
- President, Pres. Staff, Speakers, Board Members, Dignitaries Room 45
- Administration and Professors Room 44
- Associate and Assistant Professors, Instructors, Adjunct Faculty Room 43
9:30 a.m. - Procession will march!
Participants will march in the following order in the procession:
- Platform Marshall
- Platform Guests
- Special Guests
- Board Members
- Faculty by Rank
- Adjunct Faculty
Graduates by Degree
- Associate of Arts & Science
- Associate of Applied Science
- Career Studies Certificate
Diploma Pick Up
Diplomas will be distributed in the Library on each campus as follows:
Daniel Campus June 11, 2019 – 12:00 Noon to 6:00 p.m.
June 12, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Christanna Campus June 13, 2019 – 12:00 Noon to 6:00 p.m.
June 14, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Diplomas for dual enrollment students will be mailed in July due to variations in home high school calendars.
- Diplomas for summer graduates will be mailed in September after degrees are conferred.
Web site for ordering custom Graduation announcements: https://collegegrad.herffjones.com
- Enter Southside in box to search
- Click on Southside Virginia Community College
- Click on Announcements in the green box at top of page
- Make a selection to start your order process
- Cap/Gown/Tassel - $18.50 + tax
- Hood - $19.85 + tax
- Extra Tassel - $2.60 + tax
- Cap only - $7.10 + tax