The Diesel Technician program is designed to prepare students for employment as an entry-level diesel technician. A student completing this program will learn how to: (1) perform a preventive maintenance inspection and master the methods, tools, and procedures necessary to perform the inspection; (2) utilize diagnostic test equipment to identify problems; (3) identify and replace or repair failed components; and (4) utilize basic computer skills and have knowledge of repair order processing and shop operation practices. This curriculum is designed to teach students the technical fundamentals of diesel systems such as maintenance, diagnostic test equipment, inspections, shop practices, record keeping, electrical systems, fuel systems, service, and safety. Students will also receive instruction in hydraulics and air brakes.
Earn the Following Credentials:
- S/P2 Heavy Duty/Diesel Technology Safety awarded by S/P2
- ASE Entry-Level Medium/Heavy Truck Diesel Engines
- ASE Entry-Level Medium/Heavy Truck Electrical/Electronic Systems
- ASE Entry-Level Medium/Heavy Truck Suspension & Steering
- ASE Entry-Level Medium/Heavy Truck Brakes
- ASE Entry-Level Medium/Heavy Truck Inspection Maintenance & Minor Repair
Upcoming Program Start Dates:
March 1, 2021
May 31, 2021
SVCC Occupational/Technical Center Pickett Park
1041 W. 10th Street, Blackstone, VA 23824
Housing available on site for $14 – $16 per day - call Nottoway LRA at 434-292-1110 Monday - Friday between 2 & 6 PM
In-State: $5,366 | Out of State: $16,098
*The FastForward Credential Grant will help pay tuition costs for qualifying Virginians. Additional scholarships may also be available.