Southside Virginia Community College is excited to offer TimelyCare – a new telehealth program for students. The service will provide access to 24/7 mental virtual health care from anywhere in the United States, with no cost to visit!
Whether you’re anxious or overwhelmed, you will be able to talk to a licensed provider from your smartphone or any web-enabled device. Licensed providers are available to offer mental health support via phone or secure video visits. Check out the FAQs below to learn more.
Students (18 years of age or older) can access TimelyCare by going to timelycare.com/vccs to register with their name and school email address. Students can then have visits from any web-enabled device – smartphone, laptop, or desktop. TimelyCare is available from anywhere in the United States.
The partnership with TimelyMD allows Southside Virginia Community College to deliver a hybrid model of clinical care that combines the best of in-person and virtual care services. Benefits to students include:
- Convenient 24/7 care – Physical and mental health issues often present themselves outside regular business hours, and TimelyCare makes seeking support or treatment as easy and convenient as making a video or phone call. Nationally, about 40% of mental health care visits through TimelyCare occur after hours.
- Reduced wait times – Typical consultations for on-demand services through TimelyCare begin within 5-10 minutes – less than the amount of time it takes to walk across campus.
- Diverse provider network – In addition to being from diverse backgrounds, TimelyMD providers are trained to be culturally competent. For example, more than 60% of mental health providers are BIPOC, and the platform also offers providers who identify as LGBTQ+, speak multiple languages and/or celebrate various religious traditions. Students can choose to meet with a specific provider or select the first available.
- Peace of mind – TimelyCare is a safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant platform that follows campus-specific protocols to facilitate care coordination and follow-up to ensure continuity of care. Integrations with leading learning management systems ensure students have even more on-ramps to in-the-moment support whenever they need it.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who can use TimelyCare?
A. Any enrolled Southside Virginia Community College student (18 years of age or older) can use TimelyCare.
Q. What can I be treated for?
A. TimelyCare's providers can offer support for a wide range of common concerns, and after talking to you, will decide on the best course of treatment.
Q. What services are available?
A. There are four services available:
● TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors.
● Scheduled Counseling: Choose the day, time, and mental health provider that works best for you. (3 visits per year)
● Self-Care Content: Visit the Explore page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content.
● Basic Needs Support: Access to free or reduced-cost community resources, including food and housing assistance, transit support, childcare, and finances.
Q. How much does a visit cost?
A. There is no cost to enrolled Southside Virginia Community College students.