About Human Resources
The Human Resources Department of Southside Virginia Community College serves two campuses, the Christanna (Alberta) campus, and the John H. Daniel (Keysville) campus, as well as off-campus sites in Blackstone, Chase City, Cumberland, South Hill, South Boston, and Emporia.
- Employee Benefits and Compensation
- Employee Relations and Conflict Resolution
- State Service Awards
- Job Analysis and Classification
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Policy Interpretation and Guidance
- Performance Management
- New Employee Orientation
- Leave Accounting and Administration
- Worker's Compensation Claim Administration
- And more…
- About Payroll
The mission of the Payroll office is to provide payroll services to the employees of SVCC in an efficient, accurate manner and to administer pay and benefits according to College and Commonwealth of Virginia standards.
HRMS How To's
- 2023 Full-time Pay Calendar **Note Southside utilizes an alternate holiday schedule
- 2023 Wage & Adjunct Pay Calendar
SVCC New Hire Information Form
For Employee Use Only
Please use the links below to request the hire of a wage, adjunct, and/or Federal Work Study Student.
Important Note: You must receive approvals through onboarding prior to allowing anyone to begin working.
The request forms below include New Hires, Returning, Rehires, Additional job, and Transfers.
Virginia State Employee Loan Program
The Virginia State Employee Assistance Fund was created in 2007. The purpose of this 501©3 charity was to make grants available to employees who were facing a financial crisis due to an emergency (home repairs due to storm damage, funeral expenses, and other unplanned events). Since then it was determined that some employees may have an equally urgent need for financial help that was not related to an emergency or unplanned event. As a result, the Virginia State Employee Loan Program was created.
The program provides small, short-term loans through the Virginia Credit Union in partnership with the Virginia State Employee Assistance Fund. Currently only full time, classified employees in a non-probationary status, who are paid either monthly or semi-monthly, are eligible to participate. Membership in the VACU is required and employees must complete and pass an online training course and agree to repay the loan through direct deposit payroll deduction not to exceed six months. To apply please follow the instructions at:
Please go to Payline to access the direct deposit form and follow the instructions, if you have questions please call 434-949-1016 or 434-949-1048.
- Employee Benefits
The Commonwealth of Virginia provides comprehensive employee benefits to all full-time faculty, administrators, and classified employees. Benefits are an integral part of an employee's total compensation package. The state benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS) Retirement
- Optional Retirement Plan for Higher Education (ORP)
- Supplemental Retirement: Deferred Compensation to a 457 Plan with a State Cash Match Contribution
- Group Life Insurance through Minnesota Life
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance
- Payroll Deduction for premiums and contributions to Third Party Vendors
- Flexible Reimbursement Accounts
- Health and Wellness Programs including CommonHealth and the Healthy Family Ideas and more
- 12 Paid Holidays per year
- Leaves of Absence
- Disability Plans: Short-term and Long-term
- Educational Assistance and SVCC Tuition Waivers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Worker's Compensation
For more information contact Human Resources at 434-949-1048 or 434-949-1007.