VCCS Student Email Account
Important Notice: Student emails will not be activated until students are registered for courses.
Accessing Your Student Email Account
- Go to www.southside.edu and click MySVCC from the homepage.
SVCC Online courses rely on the use of email to facilitate the communications among instructors and students. You have been assigned a Virginia Community College System (VCCS) email account and are required to use it for any course-related email communications so your privacy can be ensured as required by law.
To find out your VCCS email account, go to https://identity.my.vccs.edu/
Establish VCCS Email Account
- Log in to MySVCC with your new password.
- Select Gmail icon.
- Read and agree to Gmail agreement terms.
- Your account is established once you can view your Gmail inbox.
- Check your student email daily for important information.
- This is the official form of communication from SVCC and all notifications/information will be sent via student email.
SVCC Student Gmail Account
SVCC’s Google email and Google Apps are available to SVCC students.
The Google email system provides you with a reliable and secure way to send and receive email. Emails are delivered through a Web browser and email addresses will not change.
Important Student Gmail Information
- All email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do NOT need to set up a new Gmail account.
- If you do not know your username or password, click on mySVCC from SVCC homepage and then click on Forgot Password. Use the same link to reset your password.
- Access your email via mySVCC.
- Your mailbox size is 25GB. Spam and virus protection is included. It has mobile access.
- Visit the FAQ page for more information.
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Google Apps at SVCC?
Google Apps at SVCC provides a SVCC gateway to Google’s online services, allowing you to take advantage of Google’s email, productivity and collaboration tools while maintaining your @email.vccs.edu address.
Can I sign up if I already have Gmail?
Yes, your email account through Google Apps at SVCC will have its own address. This will not affect your personal Gmail account.
How do I find my username and password to log into my Google Apps email?
You should use the same username and password you have been using through MYSVCC on the SVCC home page to access your new email system, Canvas and the Student Information System.
If you do not remember your username or password, click on mySVCC on the SVCC home page and then click on Look up your username and set your password.
How does it work?
You will use your mySVCC username and password to log in to Google’s Web-based applications through mySVCC on SVCC’s home page. Once you have activated your Google Apps at SVCC account, you will be able to use any of Google’s services you wish to use.
What is the same?
Emails will continue to be delivered and addresses will not change. email@example.com will continue to be the email address format and the URL.