Welcome to the Panther Pack!
Recognizing that most students need assistance as they transition to college, New Student Orientation provides comprehensive onboarding experiences and support for new students and their families.
Online New Student Orientation
Due to COVID-19, all scheduled New Student Orientations will be online through Zoom. Join us so that we can help you get started successfully. Pre-registration is required for one of the sessions below. Attendance is strongly encouraged.
- Register for one of the sessions below that best meets your schedule.
- Check your computer or phone connection by using this zoom test link.
- Arrive using the link provided to you in your email approximately 5 minutes before the start of the session.
New Student Orientation dates, times, and registration:
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020, at 2 PM - REGISTER
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020, at 6 PM - REGISTER
- Thursday, January 7, 2021, at 3 PM - REGISTER
Register early to secure your spot in New Student Orientation!
Technical Issues & Tips:
- Test your connectivity with a Zoom Test Link: https://zoom.us/test
- Please reach out to our helpdesk at 434-949-1010 for assistance.
- Depending on your internet connection, you may not be able to have video and audio on at the same time.
- You can use the phone to call for audio using the phone number listed.
- Join up to 5 minutes before the meeting start time.
- If you haven't used Zoom before, click the link to download Zoom prior to the day of the meeting.
- Have your video on unless you are experiencing connection issues. Make sure to have a plain background and avoid backlight from windows.
- Adjust your camera to be around eye level, if possible.
- Mute yourself when not speaking.