PN Program Information
To find our Nursing Information Session and more Important links (including Program Requirements and PN Student Handbook), click under "Info Session/Application/Links" in menu to the right.
Practical Nursing, clinical portion, is located at our South Boston and our Alberta campuses. Applications are closed for our August 2022 program. We will begin our next cohort at the Alberta campus in August 2023. Applications will be accepted March 1 - May 1, 2023. Then, the South Boston PN program begins again in January 2024 with applications accepted June 1 - September 15, 2023.
The Certificate in Practical Nursing is designed to prepare beginning practitioners with the knowledge and skills to care for clients of all age groups. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX‐PN).
Utilizing the nursing process, graduates will:
- Assist in assessing the client's physical and mental health.
- Participate in planning and implementing the health care plan.
- Record and report the nursing care rendered and the client's response to care.
- Communicate effectively with clients, their families, and other members of the health care team.
- Recognize legal and self‐limitations in the provision of care.
- Serve as contributing members in the community.
- Develop professionally to their fullest potential by taking advantage of available educational opportunities.
2021 - Chase City, VA
2022 - Christanna Campus, Alberta & SVHEC, South Boston
49 Credit Hours
Catalog (Including Required Courses):
Related Programs of Study:
Your Next Step:
- Program Outcomes
NCLEX Pass Rates
Click the links below for Outcome Data for SVCC Nursing Programs.
NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN PASS RATES - 2017 - 2021 for ADN and 2015 - 2021 for PN
Rebecca Laben RN, Health Sciences Counselor