PN Program Information
To find our Nursing Information Session and more Important links (including Program Requirements and PN Student Handbook), click under "Info Session/Application/Links" in menu to the right.
Practical Nursing, clinical portion, is located at our South Boston and our Alberta campuses. We will begin our next cohort at the South Boston campus in January 2024. Applications will be accepted June 1st - September 15th, 2023.
Then, the Alberta PN program begins again in January 2025 with applications accepted June 3rd - September 13th, 2024.
You will find the PN application here during the application windows.
The Certificate in Practical Nursing is designed to prepare beginning practitioners with the knowledge and skills to care for clients of all age groups. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX‐PN).
Utilizing the nursing process, graduates will:
- Assist in assessing the client's physical and mental health.
- Participate in planning and implementing the health care plan.
- Record and report the nursing care rendered and the client's response to care.
- Communicate effectively with clients, their families, and other members of the health care team.
- Recognize legal and self‐limitations in the provision of care.
- Serve as contributing members in the community.
- Develop professionally to their fullest potential by taking advantage of available educational opportunities.
January 2024 - SVHEC, South Boston
January 2025 - Christanna Campus, Alberta
49 Credit Hours
Catalog (Including Required Courses):
Related Programs of Study:
Your Next Step:
**The Virginia Board of Nursing does not mandate or require the PN program to be accredited.
- Program Outcomes
NCLEX Pass Rates
Click the links below for Outcome Data for SVCC Nursing Programs.
NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN PASS RATES - 2018 - 2022 for ADN and 2019 - 2022 for PN
Health Sciences Counselor
Amanda Shook, MS