PN Program Information
To find our Nursing Information Session and more Important links (including Program Requirements and PN Student Handbook), click under "Info Session/Application/Links" in menu to the right.
Practical Nursing, clinical portion, will begin at our Alberta Campus January 2022 and in South Boston at the SVHEC August 2022. Applications are being accepted now for the January 2022 PN program in Alberta, deadline September 30, 2021.
The Certificate in Practical Nursing is designed to prepare beginning practitioners with the knowledge and skills to care for clients of all age groups. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX‐PN).
Utilizing the nursing process, graduates will:
- Assist in assessing the client's physical and mental health.
- Participate in planning and implementing the health care plan.
- Record and report the nursing care rendered and the client's response to care.
- Communicate effectively with clients, their families, and other members of the health care team.
- Recognize legal and self‐limitations in the provision of care.
- Serve as contributing members in the community.
- Develop professionally to their fullest potential by taking advantage of available educational opportunities.
2021 - Chase City, VA
2022 - Christanna Campus, Alberta & SVHEC, South Boston
49 Credit Hours
Catalog (Including Required Courses):
Related Programs of Study:
Your Next Step:
- Program Outcomes
NCLEX Pass Rates
Click the links below for Outcome Data for SVCC Nursing Programs.
NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN PASS RATES - 2016 - 2020 for ADN and 2014 - 2019 for PN
Rebecca Laben RN, Health Sciences Counselor